Wednesday, July 20, 2016

First Day


Hi there,

Right now feels like first day of school for me.

You know that feeling you get on your first day of school, work or in a new environment?

Where you are unsure of what to expect, what to do, what the rules are, how to fit in, what next etc?

Yes, i guess there are no strict, if any rules here. Nothing i should find difficult.

But then, i still ponder on how to start, what to say, would this blog be a success?

Would i have an audience? Would i say the right things? Would i be consistent?

What is my theme?

Would i meet up to the expectations of  the dear friends that encouraged and practically set up this blog for me?

Truth is, i have been scribbling for as long as i remember, but i started to make meaningful scribbles during my university days. Where i would write stuff in my head as i go about my daily activities, and as i lay down on my bed, i'd get pen and paper to write about my feelings, observations, friends, experience etc. I''d listen to a song, and get inspired, i get inspired by the everyday things.

I find unspeakable joy in writing, it's like a totally different person takes over and i get lost in the world of writing. I don't do it for the accolade, no, far from it. I write because it's therapy for me, its fun for me. I have a lot of writings on pen and paper, that i probably never shared with a soul.

Okay, so what has changed since then? Why do i worry now about if it would be received well? Truth is, over time, i have had people give nice feedback, and actually encourage me to take up writing fully. Much as i feel good and appreciate it all, a part of me is scared of the responsibility. It feels there is an expectation from me, that i am afraid i might not meet up to.

But then again, And much as i acknowledge my fear of failure, the words of some of my friends and loved ones ring loudly in my head.

'Just start' "write anything" "you don't want to regret not doing this in couple of years" "we are here to support you" "write about your experiences'' "when are you going to do something about writing" "i am waiting to read something published by you" "just do it" ... it's endless.

So hey! I may not meet up to expectations, this may turn out to be a boring blog ( i hope not), but like the saying - "nothing ventured, nothing gained". I make no promises, all i want is an avenue to write, and have fun while doing so.

So to Angiebama, Gbolly, Rotimi, Kareel, 'My Inlaw', Bonnee, Kalie, Joy, Rele, Ikenna, and of course dear Hubby, to everyone that has ever encouraged me to put pen to paper, to you all ..I say THANK YOU.

 
Yay!!! I did it.  First Blog.






 


10 comments:

  1. Now that we've got the first one in the kitty, let's start rolling them out. You've got a lot to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, where is my name in this list na? Neeolla, you've done well. I look forward to reading the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sexy Tee,your name is actually there, right there among 'everyone that has ever encouraged me to put pen to paper" Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sexy Tee,your name is actually there, right there among 'everyone that has ever encouraged me to put pen to paper" Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow @ last! More power to ur elbow dear. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Loving it already.

    ReplyDelete